What is bentonite?
Bentonite is a type of clay, and after a volcano erupted long ago in the Tertiary period, volcanic ash was deposited on the seabed. It was created by the action of seawater. The main component is the clay mineral montmorillonite.
Properties of bentonite
- 1.For civil engineering construction work
- ・For boring muddy water
- ・Stabilizing liquid for underground continuous wall construction method
- ・For stabilizing liquid for cast-in-place concrete piles
- ・For injection method
- ・For repairing leakage ponds
- ・Pre-boring for earth auger method
- ・For shield construction method and backfilling injection material for tunnels
- 2.For soil improvement material
- 3. As a binder for foundry sand molds
- 4. As a binder for pelletizing (briquette)
- 5. As a carrier and binder for agricultural chemicals
- 6.Other uses